Acorn works in partnership with and supports a wide range of organisations throughout the UK.
Acorn is dedicated to developing and maintaining relationships with business communities across the UK. We work closely with local Chambers of Commerce, professional trade bodies / agencies, business clubs and networking groups to share best practice and encourage working partnerships.
Acorn’s Learning and Development Division is the winner of the Provider Award for Social Responsiveness at the Apprenticeship Awards Cymru / Wales 2013; having been awarded the 'Apprenticeship Provider of the Year' award in 2011, organised by the Welsh Government in partnership with the National Training Federation for Wales (NTfW).
Employers and job-seekers can find us on Twitter, Facebook and Linked-In where we keep in touch with candidates, clients and partners – you can also see some of the Group’s latest vacancies and news.
The Acorn Group is:
Acorn’s Learning & Development Division is accredited to deliver development programmes by the following organisations:
- Welsh Government (Dept. for Education, Lifelong Learning & Skills)
- ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management)
- CII - Acorn is an accredited Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) course provider
- EAL - Acorn is accredited by EAL (EMTA Awards Limited) a leading awarding organisation in vocational qualifications
- Green Dragon Award - Acorn's Head Office has been awarded the Green Dragon Environmental Standard which recognises effective environmental management
- CCNSG - Acorn is an approved test centre for the delivery of CCNSG National and Renewal Passports. The aim of the CCNSG Safety Passport Scheme is to ensure a basic knowledge of health and safety for all site personnel to enable them, after appropriate site induction, to work on site more safely with lower risk to themselves and others
Sport & Community
Acorn supports a number of sporting initiatives through community-based partnerships:
- Newport County Football Club - click here to see a video of Acorn supporting County at Wembley in May 2012
- London Welsh RFC - Business Club Founder Member
- local sports clubs including Tata Steel Football Club, Griffithstown under 10s, PG10 USA tour, Chepstow Cricket Club, Bideford Pilot Gig Club, Crowland Juniors FC, Penarth Cricket Club, Rhymney Valley Schools Under-15's, Cromwell Junior Football Club, Usk u16's Football Club, Newport Cricket Club and more
- Tonga Rugby team
- Newport City Council Extra Mile Awards
Acorn works closely with universities, which leads to thousands of students finding appropriate temporary and part-time work opportunities during term-time and in holiday periods, as well as helping them to find permanent work following graduation.
Acorn has enjoyed a long history of supporting charity and community initiatives for both local and national causes.
In April 2005, Acorn became the first company in Wales to become a Corporate Patron of the NSPCC; pledging to raise £100,000 or more for the NSPCC / Childline – Child’s Voice Appeal.
Through different fundraising activities; marathons, parties, wage donations, dress down days and more, the Group has managed to raise over half the pledged amount.
In 2009 / 2010 Acorn participated in the fundraising initiative called ‘Million Makers’, which challenges companies to raise money for the Prince’s Trust; a youth charity that helps change young lives. The Trust gives practical and financial support to the young people who need it most by helping to develop key skills, confidence and motivation, enabling young people to move into work, education or training.