If you’ve got a good idea of what career you’d like to embark on and are just finding it difficult to get onto the employment ladder, then you can take advantage of Jobs Growth Wales. This is a programme led by the Welsh Government, to help young people, like you, gain work experience and enable you to enter sustained employment.
What is Jobs Growth Wales?
Jobs Growth Wales is a package of support from the Welsh Government to help young people aged 16 – 24 into a paid job opportunity for a six-month period, provided you fit the following criteria:
- Aged 16-24 and live in Wales.
- You have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
- Currently unemployed and actively engaged with the Job Centre Plus (JCP) or Careers Wales (16-17yrs).
- Not in full-time education.
- Not been referred to and not taking part in the Work Programme / Work Choice Programme.
- Not on a Welsh Government work-based programme.
What are the benefits of Jobs Growth Wales?
- Gaining vital experience whilst in paid employment
- Entry to future sustainable employment
- Developing work skills required by employers
- An opportunity to demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm for work
How can Acorn help?
We will explain the online matching service that will help you find employers that are looking to take on young people like you.
Once you have been recruited, Acorn will continue to support both you and the company throughout the programme. On completion, we will advise you on progression opportunities like an apprenticeship which could help you continue to develop your skills.
Current Jobs Growth Wales vacancies
- Rabaiotties | Torfaen | Catering Assistant - 39751 | apply here >
- H&V Fusion and Drilling Ltd | Caerphilly | Office Junior Administrator - 40253 | apply here >
- Nat Group | Cardiff | Trainee PCV Driver - 39476 | apply here >
- Satellite Finance | Newport | New Business Administrator - 39514 | apply here >
- JBC | Newport | Stores and Shop Assistant - 39230 | apply here >
- Certus IT | Newport | Customer Care and Marketing Administrator - 40345 | apply here >
- Harding Evans | Newport | Administrative Assistant - 40338 | apply here >
- Sandringham Day Nursery | Cardiff | Nursery Assistant - 40346 | apply here >
- Certus IT | Newport | 1st Line Support Engineer - 40348 | apply here >
- Stacey Yuen | Swansea | Salon Apprentice - 40387 | apply here >
- Hoffi Shop Trading Ltd | Newport | Barista / Sales Person - 40388 | apply here >
- Watkins and Gunn Solicitors | Torfaen | Admin Assistant - 39864 | apply here >
- Bees for Development Ltd | Monmouthshire | Administrator - 39988 | apply here >
- Gould Financial Planning | Newport | Administrator - 38480 | apply here >
- Nitro Group Ltd | Neath Port Talbot | Cleaning Supervisor - 38664 | apply here >
- Electrohm Ltd | Swansea | Trainee Application / Product Engineer - 38867 | apply here >
- Trafford Associates | Newport | Sponsorship Sales Executive - 39734 | apply here >
- Martyn Prowell Solicitors | Cardiff | Marketing Assistant - 40448 | apply here >
- Alexa Media | Swansea | Graphic Designer - 40445 | apply here >
- TACLUS | Carmarthenshire | Cleaning Operative - 40252 | apply here >
- Supreme Express Cleaning Ltd | Swansea | Industrial Cleaner - 39736 | apply here >
- Peak Supps | Bridgend | Order Processor and Stock Maintenance - 39919 | apply here >
- Gwdihw Cafe Bar | Cardiff | Club Night and Events Administrator - 40478 | apply here >
- Everett Tomlin Lloyd and Pratt | Torfaen | Office Administration - 40466 | apply here >
- Guerrilla Fitness | Swansea | Gym Receptionist / Orderly - 40386 | apply here >
- Torch Wealth Management | RCT | Administration Assistant - 40476 | apply here >
Check other latest Jobs Growth Wales vacancies on the Careers Wales website
For full details on Jobs Growth Wales contact us here or call 01633 674555