The CIPD Level 5 Diploma in Human Resource Management is designed to develop high-performing Human Resource professionals who understand how to use HR practices to meet organisational needs, and add value to the business.
Upon completion, higher apprentices will be eligible for Associate Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personal Development (CIPD).
This Apprenticeship is suitable for a variety of HR roles including; HR Executive, HR Officer, Assistant HR Manager and Assistant HR Advisor.
The qualification is delivered in partnership with Coleg Y Cymoedd, who are an approved CIPD Centre, with delegates receiving training input into the knowledge element at the beginning of the programme, followed by applying the skills in a real work situation within their employer.
The qualifications within the Apprenticeship include:
- Level 5 Diploma in Applied Human Resources
- Employee Rights & Responsibilities (ERR)
- Essential Skills
- Level 2 in Communication
- Level 2 in Application of Number
- Level 2 in Digital Literacy
How the apprenticeship works +
The Level 5 Diploma in Applied Human Resources is a combined qualification and includes both competence and knowledge units. There is a requirement for learners to complete a minimum of 90 credits. The units for this programme have been pre-selected in Group A and Group B. Learners will achieve 26 credits from completing the Mandatory Units, 24 credits from Group A units and 40 credits from Group B units.
- Developing Professional Practice in Human Resources (8 credits)
- Understanding the Business Context Human Resources (4 credits)
- Using a Research Approach in Human Resources (4 credits)
- Understanding the Contemporary Human Resource Function (4 credits)
- Understanding Employment Law (6 credits)
Group A units:
- Understanding Resourcing and Talent Planning (4 credits)
- Understanding Reward Management (4 credits)
- Understanding the link between Individual and Organisational Performance (4 credits)
- Understanding Contemporary Human Resource Development (4 credits)
- Understanding Coaching and Mentoring in the Organisation (4 credits)
- Understanding the Management of Change (4 credits)
Group B units:
- Contributing to Resourcing and Talent Planning in the Organisation (8 units)
- Contributing to Improving Organisational Performance (8 units)
- Contributing to Human Resource Development in the Organisation (8 units)
- Contributing to Coaching and Mentoring in the Organisation (8 units)
- Contributing to the Management of Change (8 units)
What are the benefits? +
- Key human resource planning skills, developed and assessed
- Nationally recognised certification upon achievement
- Flexible delivery
- Fully funded *based upon eligibility
- Improves - future career and promotion prospects
- Demonstrates - your competencies through work-based assessments
Study commitment +
The Diploma will be achieved through a combination of off-the-job training at the College / blended learning and on-the-job learning support and assessment, which will be agreed as part of the application process.
Learners completing the apprenticeship will have the opportunity to also apply for further development courses such as a level 7 Diploma or a Masters in Human Resource Management.
To find out more about the CIPD Level 5 in Human Resource Management, the different delivery options and core modules download course overview
Alternatively, you can call our team for any questions on 01633 663 000 or contact us here
To find out more about Coleg Y Cymoedd visit the website here