Apprenticeships are nationally recognised qualifications, which can help support your team members to improve their performance and enhance the service they provide to your customers.
They are not just for new entrants to your business, but can be used to develop and accredit the skills and competency of your existing workforce.
Using Apprenticeships to build the workforce of the future
Apprenticeships are tailored to your business and delivered in partnership with you. The Apprentice will develop their skills whilst working in your company, therefore ensuring that the skills they learn are relevant and useful to you as their employer.
How Apprenticeships benefit your business
Choosing to recruit or train your existing staff via an Apprenticeship can be very rewarding as well as cost effective. It gives your organisation a unique opportunity to develop and shape your Apprentice in the way that best fits your business; focusing on the skills, which will add real value. By choosing a formal Apprenticeship, both you and your Apprentice will benefit from the support of an Acorn qualified training professional. The Apprentice will broaden their skill base and gain a formal vocational qualification linked to their job role.
What Apprenticeships are available?
Apprenticeships are available at; foundation Level 2, supervisory / management Level 3 and also at Level 4, known as Higher Apprenticeships, depending on the Apprenticeship route.
Apprenticeship programmes are very flexible and there are a number of Apprenticeship qualifications, which may support the retail sector as indicated below:
Benefits to the employer
- Cost effective training
- Support staff recruitment
- Improved staff retention
- Training scheduled to suit you
- Increased staff motivation and job satisfaction
- Consistency of standards
- Nationally recognised qualifications to endorse skills and knowledge
- Release of vital HR resource whilst still retaining control of learning and training
Benefits to the Apprentice
- Achieve a recognised qualification linked to your job role
- Develop occupational knowledge and acquire new skills
- Receive a salary whilst you learn
- Learn in your own working environment without the need for college attendance
- Recieve individual support throughout your training via Acorn and your employer
Welsh Government believes in Apprenticeships because they fuel the future skills base of the nation. Via our funding contract with them, Acorn may be able to offer financial assistance to your organisation to support the implementation of these national standards. In some instances this can be 100% of the cost.
See here for more information on other apprenticeships we can offer here >
For any other information click contact us here >