Assertive Behaviour<< back to search results
Although behaving assertively may not ensure that you get the results you want – the politest requests may be declined by some people – it is a fact that when you communicate your needs honestly, openly and directly you will give both yourself and the other party the opportunity to achieve the result you both desire. This principle applies whether you are returning foods to a supplier, negotiating a deal with a customer or simply have a discussion at a meeting.
This course is designed to give participants a greater understanding of assertive behaviour and to encourage enhanced performance in the workplace by building self-confidence and developing appropriate skills and techniques.
By the end of the course you will:
Course Suitable for:
- Have identified and explored the differences between submissive, aggressive and assertive behaviour
- Be able to demonstrate the importance of asserting your rights without infringing those of others
- Have practiced the use of three key assertiveness techniques
- Have the ability to demonstrate the use of skills and techniques which will give you the best chance of achieving your needs
- Recognise how we communicate through body language
- Practice making requests and saying ‘no’ without feeling guilty
- Have produced a personal assertiveness skills action plan for implementation back in the workplace
Anyone looking for a greater understanding of assertiveness behaviour.
1 Day - Click here to see our course calendar.