Negotiating Skills<< back to search results
Almost every day we negotiate with suppliers and customers. This course will develop and enhance the critical skills needed in order to negotiate.
- By the end of the course delegates will be able to:-
- Appreciate the various types of negotiating techniques
- Understand how to plan and prepare for successful outcomes
- Recognise the steps of the negotiation process
- Choose own approach to negotiating
- Have practised face-to-face negotiations to reach agreement
The course will cover the following topics:
Course Suitable for:
- Course objectives / delegates’ objectives
- Definitions of negotiation
- Stages of negotiation
- Principles of negotiation
- Self assessment questionnaires
- Three outcomes of negotiation
- Behaviours required in negotiating
- Group exercise, using a case study
- Questionnaire – How good a negotiator are you?
- Conducting negotiations
- Planning / preparing
- Propose and bargain a negotiated case
- Review of activities and delegates’ self development
All Managers, Team Leaders and staff who negotiate with suppliers, clients and colleagues.
1 Day - Click here to see our course calendar.