Problem Solving Skills<< back to search results
The ability to tackle problems calmly & rationally is vital if the root cause is to be determined and a lasting solution found. When faced with totally new problems however, a more creative, unstructured approach may be needed. This course will provide you with practical guidance in tackling a wide range of problem types, decision making situations and planning methods.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- list the 8 steps in the problem solving cycle
- identify the barriers to problem solving and how to avoid them
- recognise the value of creative thinking when problem solving
- identify different problem types and select & apply appropriate techniques to resolve them
- recognise the problem situations that you are likely to encounter in the workplace
To support the achievement of the above, you will have the opportunity to practise and develop your practical skills using a number of small group, paired and individual exercises. You will also be encouraged to develop a personal action plan to support your continued learning back in the workplace.
Course Suitable for:
Anyone who would like to improve their problem solving skills
1 Day - Click here to see our course calendar.